Wednesday, May 19, 2010

1 Month and counting!!!!

Well, it's almost here! The final night of Miss Tennessee is officially 1 month from today!! I have worked harder than I ever have for this, and there aren't enough words to express how much I want the job of Miss Tennessee. Being Miss TN is my dream job - spending every day hanging out with kids, teaching them about being a person of character and making responsible decisions  -  visiting sweet children at the amazing CMN hospitals in the state, and letting them know that other people, even strangers are thinking about them and care about them - making appearances in towns and cities across the state, being a role model and a positive influence for little girls - the duties of Miss TN extend far beyond these things, but that just makes it even more exciting!! I have been competing in the Miss America Organization for 5 years and it has had such a positive impact on my life! It has opened doors for me to promote my platform, CHARACTER COUNTS! It has helped me improve my public speaking skills, and it has also helped me learn so much about exercise and nutrition, and what it means to be HEALTHY (thanks Josh Rogers)! They say it takes a village to raise a child, well I say it takes an army to prepare a girl to be Miss America! I might be a little biased, but I think I have the best army out there! My directors Rodney and Bobbie are THE BEST directors a girl could ever have! They give me 150% all the time! They are always there for me, supportive, encouraging, motivating, and they have helped me improve so much - but most of all, they are 2 of my dearest friends! I also have the greatest friends in the world! They encourage me when I don't want to eat any more egg whites. They make me laugh about the insanity of crazy pageant "what-nots" like butt glue and fake bake and sauna suits! But most importantly, they are there for me- always - when I win and when I don't - they are still my best friends and I couldn't do this with out them!! So, thank you to Ashley, Megan, Christina, Elizabeth, Kellie, Claire, and Lindsey! Then there is the "Heart of the Ozarks" crew - I am extra lucky because I have a whole support system from another state! We have such a a special story on how we all know each other, and as Mrs. Debbie says, "It was just a God thing" - but we owe a little bit to the Miss America Organization too! I can't imagine what would've happened if Mrs. Debbie hadn't sat down at our table - and I can't imagine not having all of the wonderful "Heart" people in my life!! So, thank you to Robyn, Mrs. Debbie, Mrs. Sheryl, Ashley, Brandi, Kristy, and all of the "Heart" people who are always supporting me! Finally, my mom - she is the Commander and Chief of my army (in case anyone didn't already know that)! I could have NEVER done anything I've ever done in my life with out her!! She is my biggest fan, biggest supporter, and the best Momma in the entire world! I am so lucky to have her in my corner!! So, thank you Mom, for teaching me how to be a better person, and for helping me live out all of my dreams!!

As I continue to prepare in this last month, I know that my army is ready to fight for me to make my dream a reality, and so am I!
I will be back with final updates as the pageant gets closer!!
- Kaley

"Surround yourself with people who believe you can." - Dan Zadra

No comments:

Post a Comment