Thursday, May 6, 2010

Closing out April and coming into May

I can't believe April is over and it is already May! Where does the time go???  Fortunately for me, I've been pretty busy - just the way I like it! A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to sing the National Anthem at the Brentwood Rotary Club's annual "Run for Rotary" event. This 5K and 10K event raises money annualy for a Bone Marrow Donor program, a blood donor program, and scholarship money for selected students in the community. I also got to spend a little time with radio personality, Charlie Chase - he acted as the emcee for the event! I had a blast, and the event was a huge success! I loved that the event was family friendly, encouraged exercise, and raised money for several great causes!

More exciting things happening soon!!! The countdown is officially on! 36 days until I leave for Miss TN!!

"There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing the dream."
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment