Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another fun week in the life of Miss Scenic City!


So, it's been another busy week so far and the week's not even over!! On Monday, I worked out with Josh Rogers, which meant my whole body felt like Jello - and what a coincidence, jello is one of my only "guilt free snacks"!! Gotta love pageant training!! On Wednesday I met with Tom Carr, the Executive Director of Character Counts! Nashville, and we spent several hours discussing Character Counts! and I got some training on Character Education and Character Counts! We also discussed plans to visit a few inner city high schools and elementary schools in a few weeks, and we discussed some fundraising ideas!! Also, for the last three days, I have spent my mornings with some very talented 3rd graders at Harding Academy who have been rehearsing for their play, "Tennessee Idol." I felt so honored that the 3rd grade teachers asked me to be a part of their preparations! I listened to mini versions of Johnny Cash, Elvis, Dolly, and Loretta, and I also saw a few NFL and PGA players that are from our great state of TN!! I loved helping the singers work on their songs!! There are a few girls that have definite Miss TN potential in about 10 years! I'm headed to Chattanooga tonight and then DESTIN for a few days of rest and relaxation before workshop!! Check back soon for more updates!!
~Kaley
"Somewhere, someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer."
-Louise L. Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment