Monday, March 15, 2010

Workshop weekend!

Well, what a wirl-wind weekend it has been! Friday night, my beautiful co-crown, Nicole Mazzio and I drove to Jackson for workshop! We went straight to the Double Tree to meet up with our wonderful directors, Rodney and Bobbie and our other co-crowns, Lacey Alford and Ivy Depew. We got up bright and early Saturday morning and headed to workshop! It is always so great to see everyone in our pageant family...a lot of people don't understand just how much of a family the Miss TN organization really is. It was also great to see girls I have competed with before and to meet the new girls who get to experience Miss TN for the first time! Everyone looked absolutely beautiful! I got to stay for the first half of workshop, but then jumped in my car and headed to Memphis to jump on a plane - there was no way I was going to miss my dear friend Lindsey Chomiuk get married!!! But Rodney did keep me updated as the afternoon session of workshop continued, and this year, I am contestant #2 - which means I get to compete in my favorite part of the competition first: talent!! I got to the airport just in time to catch my plane and finally landed in Tulsa, Ok Saturday afternoon! My mom picked me up and I changed clothes in about 5 minutes and then we headed to the church! I did a quick sound check and then finally got to see Lindsey before she put her beautiful gown on! The wedding was perfect!! They both looked so happy!! The reception was a blast....complete with good food, lots of dancing, a hot dog stand and glow sticks! Everyone had so much fun!!! We danced until our feet literally couldn't dance anymore! 4 inch heels all day long can be brutal on a girl's feet!!!!  Sunday morning I hopped on a plane back to Memphis and then drove back to Nashville!! It was an exhausting, but GREAT weekend with family and friends!!  And I started my Monday off with a great workout with the one and only Josh Rogers!!
More appearances and updates soon!!
-Kaley
"Never give up. This may be your moment for a miracle."
-Grey Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment