Sunday, February 28, 2010

Closing out February


Well, the last 2 weeks have been super busy - just the way I like it!! Last Monday I had the pleasure of working with the amazing hair/make-up/photography team: Kristy Belcher and Joel Green! They are an amazing team, and I love my new pictures! Then, on the 19th, I met with the board members of Character Counts! Nashville to discuss ideas and plans to incorporate Character Counts! into more schools and community programs! Immediately following that meeting, I got on the road, and headed to Bentonville, Arkansas for the weekend! The 8 hour drive is long, but I picked up my best friend Ashley Cole on the way and we sang almost every song on the Glee soundtrack until we couldn't sing anymore! (you really do meet some of your very best friends in pageants) We had a blast singing on the Court of Honor for the Miss Heart of the Ozarks preliminary! We "Rocked the Crown" with some very talented Arkansas girls! We also judged the Princess and Little Miss pageants - and those winners will accompany the Miss and Teen Heart of the Ozarks winners to their state pageants. On Sunday afternoon, we went to a wedding shower for another pageant friend, Lindsey Chomiuk, who competed in AR and OK - isn't it amazing the true friendships that are made from competing in the Miss America system? It was a long and exhausting weekend, but SO MUCH FUN! On Tuesday, I had lunch with my good friend Kendall Schulz in Nashville, and we talked about her last minute preparations for the Miss TN Renaissance pageant - and last night, all her hard work paid off and she has a shiny new accessory to wear on her head now!! I'm so proud of her hard work and determination, and I'm so glad she is going to be at Miss TN with me!! I also spent some time in Chattanooga this weekend. On Friday, I went to Battleground Elementary and spoke to a group of 5th graders about working hard, studying hard, and how important it is to do well in school!! They all have a big writing test next week and I wish them all the best of luck!! Then, Friday night, I went to Falling Water Elementary in Soddy Daisy,TN where I was the "opening act" at the schools first talent show in almost 10 years!! The kids all worked really hard on their acts and were so sweet!! I even got a marriage proposal from a 5 year old wearing a super hero shirt! Then, Saturday morning, I got my nails done by the one and only Bobbie Nation, and then Rodney and I did a little shopping! I can't believe workshop is in 2 weeks!! I'm so excited to see all the girls I've competed with over the last few years, and to meet all the new girls!  Well, I think that pretty much closes out the month of February! Lots of exciting appearances and events coming up!! Check back soon for more pictures and updates!

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
 -Ella Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment